Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Deliquescence

"Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves,
you are slaves of the one whom you obey,
either of sin, which leads to death,
or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?"
ROMANS 6:16

* * *

Deliquescence

A push, a pull, an ebb, a flow

Back and forth and 'round we go
A give and take; increase, decline
A quest to feel, attempts to hide

Beyond all that my eyes have said

Or what's transpired inside my head
A layer underneath the growth
Account for things I'll never know

So here I lie, face to the floor

To my dismay a moment more
To my demise, to my release
To chain me down, to set me free

To all this push I acquiesce

A sudden flux, I deliquesce
And all I ama remnant but
A surface that's begun to rust

       I take this time to sit and muse:

       We are all slaves to what we choose